Unsure where to begin with back-to-school home cleaning? A good place to start is with the cleaning routines you want to develop. Think of how clean you want your home to be, what it would take to get it that clean right now, and what routines you would need to keep it that clean in the future. Use your answers to plan a deep-clean for your home and rethink your cleaning habits going forward.
If you’re overwhelmed by how much work needs to be performed to get your home clean, you might consider a one-time house cleaning service. With your kids out of the house, it will be a lot easier to have a team of professionals come in and perform a deep-clean on your home. Recurring home cleaning services can also be a great option if you’re worried that your family will have trouble sticking to good home cleaning habits.
Regular service not required for this special offer. Book this ONE-TIME Back to School deal here.
Shh…do you hear that? It’s the sound of fall, of kids back in school, of all of us settling back into our regular work routines.
We’ve said this before, we truly don’t mind and are happy to work around you, your pets, and your kids. But we’ve also come to realize that mostly it’s not us, but you—especially parents—who would rather the kids not be underfoot, complete with errant legos, cheerios, and socks in their wake. (Hey, many of us are parents too. We totally get it. And ruthlessly deploy the threat of a vacuum “oops!” if necessary.)
For those of you who would rather we come in and clean when your kids are out of the house, we have a special coupon for September. Give us a call!
Summer is coming to a close. Your kids will be spending less time in the house and more time in school…this is the perfect opportunity to get your house back to the clean and orderly state that it once was! Every household is different, but there are a few things that we should all be doing around this time of year:
- Go through your home and make a list of anything that you don’t need anymore (old school supplies, clothes, toys, old appliances, furniture, etc.). Either donate these items, give them away to friends and family, or throw them out. It is a lot easier to clean with less clutter in the house.
- Start the cleaning in your kids rooms. Have your kids clean and organize their bedrooms and bathrooms to give them a fresh start to the school year. In theory, these rooms will stay cleaner longer because they have done the work themselves. Make sure they have everything they need to get ready for those early school mornings. Sort through old school supplies and make a list of anything you need to buy for the new school year.
- Clean out your coat closet and mudroom to create space for your kids’ backpacks, sports or music equipment, and other school gear. Consider installing hooks or cubbies for a place to put the everyday important items. This will help you and your children remain organized throughout the school year.
- Once you’ve taken care of the kids’ areas, it is now time to clean the kitchen, eating areas, and laundry room. Make sure to clean all of the counter tops, tables, and each appliance (refrigerator, dishwasher, washing machine, etc.) thoroughly. Tell the kids you’re making room to display their new school masterpieces they will be bringing home!
- Your carpet and tile areas need extra attention to eliminate the summer grim and dirt from where your kids were running in and out of the house all summer long. Do yourself a favor and call Maid In California to get a deep clean that you will not be able to do yourself.